If I upgrade to a higher volume subscription level, when will I get charged and will it be pro-rated?

Monthly billing is really simple. If you decide to upgrade your account in the middle of a monthly billing cycle, we immediately enable the features and functionality of the new subscription and simply adjust your price for the upcoming month. This way, you get all the features of the higher end account for the remainder of the month you are in at no additional cost. Just our way of saying thanks for enhancing your subscription.

Yearly billing takes a couple additional steps. If you decide to upgrade your account in the middle of a yearly billing cycle:

1. We immediately enable the features and functionality of the new subscription so you can start to take advantage of them right away. Make sure you log out and back in to your account for the change in account type to be reflected in your profile.

2. We figure out how many months of you original yearly subscription remain "un-used." Let's say you decide to upgrade from a $500 plan to a $1000 plan after 3.5 months. We would say you "used" 3 months, so you have the remaining 75% (9 out of 12 months) of your subscription "un-used." In case you are wondering, we always round down to your advantage (e.g. 3.5 months = 3 months, 2 weeks = 0 months, etc...)

3. We refund you the amount of your previous yearly subscription level that went un-used. In the case described above, you would receive a refund of $375 - as 25%, or $125, of your $500 annual plan has been used, leaving 75%, or $375, un-used.

4. You will be then be charged $1000, the full amount of your new subscription level. Accordingly your next charge will occur exactly one year from the date of this new annual subscription charge.

 

Have more questions? Submit a request

0 Comments

Article is closed for comments.
Powered by Zendesk